Monday 5 July 2010

IEEE CLOUD 2010 Conference, Day 1

So I'm presenting a paper at the IEEE 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD2010) in Miami. The conference is co-located with 3 other conferences so it's a fairly big event and the organisers pride themselves on managing to squeeze 400+ talks during the conference (5-10 July). Today was the 1st day of the conference and it kicked off with an opening talk by the conference chairs. There were a few workshops but the main research presentations start from tomorrow, so stay tuned. One of the workshop talks I went to was about interoperability between clouds and the presenter (David Bernstein from Huawei Technologies, USA) pointed out a few links which I had not come across before:
  1. Global Inter-Cloud Technology Forum
  2. Open Cloud Consortium
  3. Inter Cloud (can't find a proper link to this)
  4. Standards and Interoperability for eInfrastructure Implementation Initiative
I have picked around 30 presentations that I want to attend during the next 4 days, but I'm not sure if I can see all of them since the organisers are running 7 tracks in parallel. There are also 4 keynotes and 3 discussion panels, as well as a poster session that I'm planning to go to. It will be a crazy few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment